The village of Nigüelas is a small town in the Lecrin Valley, it has approximately 1200 "souls" and that special charm that the villages of Arab origin have, with winding and narrow streets and pretty corners full of plants and flowers, if you have decided to spend a few days in Casa Rural la Huerta del Cura you must leave a day to discover this little corner of Granada.
* Casa Zayas - City Hall and Romantic Garden: 16th century manor house that responds to Granada's palatial architecture, consisting of a courtyard with a central fountain surrounded by columns, with a garden-garden at the back. This set is in perfect condition and is where today is installed our town hall, to visit it you have to go at city time. (working in the morning), the Gardens are also open in the afternoon.
* San Juan Bautista's Church: Built in the 6th century, in Mudejar style, it can be visited when it is opened for worship. The bells call for mass, and if you go before the mass begins you can take a look, do not let them take pictures.
* Aljibes: there are two Aljibes that can be seen and their condition is quite good since they were in use until the 70s of the 20th century, one is in the same plaza of the church and the other in Plaza Trinidad.
* Almazara Museum "Las Laerillas": Oil Mill, located in the urban area and which has been in operation until the second half of the twentieth century, today is a very interesting museum and I recommend your visit. The price of the tickets with guided tour is € 2 per person.
* Acequia and Paseo de la Pavilla is a ride that next to the canal are "hanging" of the limestone gorges that channel the Torrente River, is known as the gorge of love and irrigation channel as Pavilla, because the path , the old paths, were used by young people to 'peel the turkey' this path can be done with wheelchairs, baby carts or bicycles and is 10 minutes walk from Casa Rural la Huerta del Cura.
* Natural Monument "Nigüelas Fail" is a large fracture on the ground that caused the depression of Padula in the foothills of Sierra Nevada stands out for its intense clarity of composition in marble and showing very clearly the striations and fissures caused by friction the blocks of materials and that due to the relative youth of the process have not been erased by the erosive agents and is 10 minutes walk from Casa Rural la Huerta del Cura.
* Razuela View point is located up the path of Falla until you reach the picnic area and sports center, there is a viewpoint overlooking the Valley of Lecrin; As a recommendation I will tell you that the best time to visit it is at sunset, in addition to the beautiful spectacle of the sunset is added the moment of lighting the lights of all the towns and their churches.
* In addition there is another type of Gastronomic Route that consists of giving a repasito to the bars of the town and letting us tempt by its great tapas while we listen to the rumor of the waters crossing the town by the acequia.
In addition to all these beautiful places that we can visit, the town of Nigüelas also has a series of services that make our holidays more comfortable:
The village of Nigüelas has enough services to be a small village.
On Monday, there is a street market.
There are 2 Covirán supermarkets,
A trade of the whole life where they sell a super sausage.
A food market with fishmonger, butcher, and fruit shop.
2 bread ovens, with bread and homemade sweets.
Stationery and store of various products.
Several bars to make the route of the cover.
Bankia cashier (euro 6000)
At 3 km we have a Mercadona (big supermarket).
Medical the workdays in the morning.
I hope it helps you to schedule your vacations.
GO TO THE BLOG